Inspects each finished product to ensure acceptable production quality prior to packaging & shipping.
- Must infer product quality based on data from senses or sensors (cannot disassemble end product to check internal parts)
- Often done by humans using their eyes and ears
- Machine learning + sensors can replace humans, achieving higher accuracy and consistency with lower cost
- Replicable across different production sites, on a wide variety of products
- Place product on
- Run product
- ML solution checks
GOOD or BAD
Monitor product operating conditions and detect anomalies after products are deployed in the field, taking environmental variables into consideration.
- Built upon the quality inspection solution
- Can utilize additional sensors such as environmental sensors, acoustic sensors, etc.
- Ensure the product continues to function in the field, under various conditions
- With enough data, predictive maintenance can be achieved – knowing when the product is likely to fail and notify personnel for replacement