General Terms – ENTRANTS
1. By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Terms of the Competition. The Terms of the Competition include these General Terms and any instructions relating to the Competition on the Competition Website. Only entries that comply with the Terms will be considered valid entries to this Competition.
2. Competition Period. The Competition will be conducted during the Competition Period. The University, Qeexo or Arduino (the “Sponsors”) are not responsible for any entry that is not received by the University during the Competition Period, for whatever reason. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will not be accepted.
3. Entry Restrictions. Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions. If entrants under the age of 18 are eligible to enter this Competition, they must have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter the Competition.
4. Entry Method. To enter the Competition, entrants must enter the Competition in accordance with the Entry Method (and any other entry details provided by the University on the Competition Website) during the Competition Period. If entrants are required to enter the Competition via a social media platform, each entrant must have an applicable social media account set to public during the Competition Period and must comply with the relevant social media terms and conditions.
5. Maximum Number of Entries. Entrants can enter the Competition up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Entries must be submitted separately and entry must individually meet the requirements in the Schedule and are subject to the Entry Restrictions.
6. Use of Personal Information. By entering this Competition each entrant agrees that: (a) the Sponsors may use their name and contact details for the purpose of conducting the Competition, including complying with its relevant regulatory obligations; (b) the Sponsors may publish the Winner’s name; (c) at the Sponsor’s request, the Winners will take part in the Sponsors promotional activities which may include their name and image published in the Sponsors’ promotional materials (such as the Sponsors’ website, marketing materials, advertising, printed materials and social media channels) and for ongoing promotional activities not related to this Competition and publishing blog or video entries regarding their entry;
8. Content. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any Content. The Sponsors are not liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law and may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Sponsors may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children under 14, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; (c) they will obtain prior consent from any person who, or from the owner(s) of any property that, appears in their Content; (d) the Content is the original work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party or otherwise they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content to the uses contemplated by these Terms, and the Content does not infringe the rights of any third party; (e) they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and (f) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
9. Use of Competition Entry. As a condition of entering this Competition, each entrant licenses and grants the Sponsors and its affiliates a non-exclusive, fee-free, royalty-free, perpetual, world-wide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use their entry (including Content) for: (a) the purposes of conducting and promoting the Competition; and (b) promote the products and features of the Sponsors.
10. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsors, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Sponsors reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as the Sponsors deem appropriate.
11. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, the Sponsors (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition.
12. Judging Details and Winner. The Winner will be determined from the valid Competition entries received by the Sponsors.
13. Prize. The Prize will be awarded as the Competition description. The Winners must accept these terms to claim the Prize. Please allow at least 28 days from the date of notification for the delivery of the Prize. The Prize cannot be exchanged or redeemed for other goods, services, cash or credit. If, for some reason the Prize is unavailable, the Sponsors reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
14. Winner Notification. The Winner will be notified. The Winner may also be announced in accordance with clause 6(b) above.
15. Claim Prize. If a Winner does not comply with these Terms and/or does not claim the Prize in accordance with Terms, the Sponsors reserves the right to select a replacement winner from the remaining valid entries.
16. Replacement Winner. If a winner re-selection is required, the selection of the replacement winner will be conducted by the Sponsors . The Replacement Winner will be notified. The Replacement Winner may also be announced in accordance with clause 6(b) above. The Replacement Winner must claim the Prize in accordance with Section 15. The entrants are not agents of LeTourneau University and must not convey that impression to anyone.
17. The result of the Competition is final.