QEEXO Contest Rules
QEEXO/LETOURNEAU UNIVERSITY MACHINE LEARNING SUBMISSION CONTEST
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
• Eligibility: This Contest is open only to students invited to participate. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
• Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Contest is Qeexo, Co, a California corporation.
• Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final.
• Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive an Amazon gift card. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted.
• Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected following the end date of the contest, under the supervision of Sponsor. Winner will be notified by via email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Sponsor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
• Rights Granted by You: By entering this content, You understand and agree that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, LeTourneau University and their licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
• Important note about Copyright: Your entire entry must only include material (including hardware, source code – both open source and third party sourced, user interface, music, video or images) that you own or that you have permission from the copyright/trademark owner to use. Your and/or your team’s entry may not include copyrighted materials (such as source code, user interface, background music, images or video) unless you own or have permission to use the materials. Ownership is not defined as purchasing a CD at a music store for replay, if playing a copyrighted recording on your guitar or repurposing an application’s user interface – your entry may be disqualified if copyrighted materials, including but not limited to these examples, are a part of your entry without appropriate licensing or permissions. If you do use permissible copyrighted materials, you must include the permissions information by citing the artist/creator and license information. Note that even material released under sites such as Creative Commons, common open source code licenses, and other similar licensing may need permission or acknowledgement as per the specific license.
Other than what is set forth below, we are not claiming any ownership rights to your entry. However, by submitting your entry, you agree to ALL of the following statements:
You grant us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyze your entry and all its content in connection with this contest; and (ii) feature your entry and all content in connection with the marketing, sale, or promotion of this contest (including but not limited to internal and external sales meetings, conference presentations, tradeshows, and screen shots of this contest entry in press releases) in all media (now known or later developed).
You agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted above.
You understand that after the submission deadline has passed, any project that has been submitted to the contest cannot be deleted or made private and will remain on the contest page after the contest has concluded.
You understand and acknowledge that the sponsor(s) may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your submission and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your entry.
You understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than what is described in these full rule.
IP Ownership: By submitting your entry, you hereby assign all right title and interest in the entry to Sponsor for Sponsor’s use without any additional consideration owed to you. You agree not to attempt to reverse engineer any intellectual property or confidential information of Sponsor you receive as part of the contest.
• Amazon: The Contest hosted by Sponsor is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Amazon.
By participating in the Contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
If you are under the age of 18, you will have your parent or guardian consent to these contest rules through electronic signature.